The Pyrénées Cycling Lodge are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of data that are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website or application. They are widely used in order to make websites work and can also be used to analyse traffic to the site.
Types of Cookies
In general, there are three different ways to classify cookies: what purpose they serve, how long they endure, and their provenance.
- Session cookies – These cookies are temporary and expire once you close your browser (or once your session ends).
- Persistent cookies — This category encompasses all cookies that remain on your hard drive until you erase them or your browser does, depending on the cookie’s expiration date. All persistent cookies have an expiration date written into their code, but their duration can vary. According to the ePrivacy Directive, they should not last longer than 12 months, but in practice, they could remain on your device much longer if you do not take action.
- First-party cookies — As the name implies, first-party cookies are put on your device directly by the website you are visiting.
- Third-party cookies — These are the cookies that are placed on your device, not by the website you are visiting, but by a third party like an advertiser or an analytic system.
- Strictly necessary cookies — These cookies are essential for you to browse the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the site.
- Analytical/Performance cookies/ Statistics cookies — Also known as “performance cookies,” these cookies collect information about how you use a website, like which pages you visited and which links you clicked on. None of this information can be used to identify you. It is all aggregated and, therefore, anonymised. Their sole purpose is to improve website functions. This includes cookies from third-party analytics services as long as the cookies are for the exclusive use of the owner of the website visited.
- Marketing cookies — These cookies track your online activity to help advertisers deliver more relevant advertising or to limit how many times you see an ad. These cookies can share that information with other organisations or advertisers. These are persistent cookies and almost always of third-party provenance
Cookies used on our website
We use strictly necessary & Analytical/Performance cookies on our website.
Strictly necessary cookies
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website and in particular to allow you to access our secure online booking system. Without these cookies you will be able to access some parts of our website.
- Checkfront System Online booking to enable you to search for availability, book & pay online.
- Google maps so you can see where we are located to help in planning your trip.
- WP GPX maps to help you plan cycling routes for when you visit
These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Monster Insights Google Analytics
- Social Media Plugins – Instagram
Managing your cookies
You can alter your cookie preferences at any time through your own web browser.
If you have any questions about the cookies that we use, feel free to email us at email@example.com